Can you feel it in the air? Autumn is here, and winter is not going to be far behind it. This is the perfect time of year for you to get a Katy heating repair company to examine your HVAC system and give it a pre-winter tune-up.
It is really a no-brainer. You have your teeth examined every year. You change the oil in your car and tune it regularly. As a homeowner, you would be remiss if you did not have the single most important part of your home checked to make sure that it is going to function at peak performance throughout the holidays to keep you cozy into next spring. The Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Department of Energy, ENERGY STAR and your local utility company recommend annual furnace examinations by a local, qualified Katy of Sugar Land heating repair company.
How an annual furnace exam can save you money
You will recoup the small amount it costs to have your furnace checked by a Katy or Sugar Land HVAC repair company. Here is how you will reap the savings.
1. By having your furnace tuned up at the beginning of the season, your energy bills will be lowered. A good tune-up includes a thorough cleaning of your burner and heat exchanger, which are critical for keeping your furnace running efficiently all season. Efficient heaters cost less to run.
2. You will extend the life of your furnace by replacing broken parts and repairing any problems. A new heater costs far more than a tune-up does.
3. When you have your trained heating professional tune-up your HVAC system, you can prevent small problems from becoming big headaches. This will save you money by reducing large repairs.
Problems with furnaces that are not working well
Your family can be subjected to serious problems if your furnace is not running its best. A checkup will make certain that you do not have any gas leaks in your home. Furnaces that have not been regularly maintained are likely to give off carbon monoxide, which is a colorless, odorless gas that can sicken or even kill. Additionally, if your furnace is new, regular scheduled maintenance will keep your manufacturer’s warranty intact.
Here is a list of the things a thorough annual furnace or HVAC checkup should include.
- Analysis of combustion gases to make sure they conform to your furnace’s specs
- Examination of the seal on the blower access door
- Assure proper ignition of burners
- Checking for leakage or blockage of the drainage system
- Checking for leakage or blockage of the vent system
- Examine fresh air intake grills for blockage
- Wiring veracity test
- Replace out-of-date filters
- Complete amp-draw test
- Inspection of heat exchanger for rust
- Inspection of blower wheel
- Static air pressure tests
- Gas pressure testing
- Temperature rise checking
You might be wondering if homeowners can do this by themselves instead of hiring a heating company. Because maintaining an HVAC system requires a wide knowledge base and experience, most homeowners would not do the job well.
The unvarnished truth is that it is better to have a regular annual checkup than it is to have the HVAC repairman come over for an emergency call in the middle of the night. That one visit will probably cost two or three times as much as a standard pre-winter checkup. It makes sense to do it on your own schedule before you have an emergency. Give All Out A/C and Heating a call before the cold weather arrives. They offer 24-hour emergency services, and they stand behind their work. They have been serving Katy, Sugarland, Richmond, Memorial and the surrounding area for over 25 years.